From: hw <hw@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EAPI packages
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 14:26:34
1 Andreas K. Hüttel schrieb:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Am Mittwoch, 10. August 2016, 12:54:37 schrieb hw:
6 >> Hi,
7 >>
8 >> I´m trying to upgrade portage because I´m getting a message that it
9 >> needs to be able to work with EAPI 6 packages and can only do EAPI 5.
10 >>
11 >> I´m running into merge conflicts when trying to update portage, and
12 >> apparently one of the packages (dev-python/cryptography) I could try
13 >> to update first to be able to update portage requires a version of
14 >> portage that can handle EAPI 6 packages.
15 >>
16 >> How can upgrade portage?
19 > If you see this now, your production server hasn't been updated for a long
20 > time...
21
22 About 1.5 years --- not really a long time.
23
24 > As a last resort, you should be able to run a "non-installed" portage version
25 > to update your system once. Manually download and unpack a recent portage
26 > tarball somewhere temporary and then run as root something like
27 >
28 > porto tmp # ./portage-2.3.0/bin/emerge -uDNav world
29 >
30 > This can update your system to the newest state, including updating the
31 > installed portage. Afterwards you won't need the temporarily unpacked portage
32 > anymore.
33 >
34 > Disclaimer: I haven't tested this for a while. It may delete your data, kill
35 > kittens or turn the sun into a nova. No guarantees made.
36
37 Interesting idea :) I´d be afraid that this version of portage might
38 find files of the regular installation and get confused and kill the
39 kittens ...