From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video plays past end of time it shows
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 18:46:52
1 Andrew Udvare wrote:
4 > On Wed, Aug 25, 2021, 13:44 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > I have a video that does something weird.  The video plays about 6
10 > minutes or so past the length it should.  During that extended
11 > time, you
12 > can't fast forward, pause or anything either.  I've ran into this a
13 > couple times with my deer camera and thought it odd but didn't worry
14 > about it.  My question is, can this be fixed somehow?  Can I get
15 > mplayer
16 > or something to process the file and adjust the time it thinks the
17 > video
18 > is to what it actually is?
21 > You can try to re-encode or maybe remux with ffmpeg.
24 > Bonus, how in the world did it get that way?
27 > More than likely the metadata in the file is off.
28 >
29 > This playback issue can happen with VBR MP3s and also Oggs as the
30 > length of the file can be spoofed in the header.
35 It started out with a bunch of .rar files.  I've never ran into those
36 before.  Anyway, figured out how to deal with it and got the video but
37 there was a error about "unexpected end of data" in the last .rar file.
38 The others were fine.  I suspect that is what lead to the video playing
39 longer than it shows.  The end result was a .avi file.  It plays fine
40 until the last bit, where it goes past the expected end.
41
42 I've never dealt with this before so it could be a one time thing or it
43 could be expected behaviour that needs fixing.  Just in case, I'd like
44 to know how to fix it for this one and any others I run into.
45
46 Thanks.
47
48 Dale