From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slotting same version?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:17:35
1 Peter Karlsson schreef:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Just wondering if there's anyone out there that has managed to install
5 > two copies (with different compile-options) of the same version of a
6 > library? If so how did you do it? The reason I'm asking is that I have
7 > 'audacity' installed and it requires 'wxGTK 2.4' built without the
8 > 'GTK2'-USE flag. Whilst I'm trying to install 'scorched3D' which
9 > requires 'wxGTK 2.4' built with the 'GTK2'-USE flag.
10 >
11 > Tricky, no? Impossible perhaps?
14 Necessary? Perhaps not.
15
16 I just looked up scorched3d at gentoo-portage.com, and it does have an
17 *optional* gtk2 USE flag... which suggests that the gtk2 support in the
18 dependencies (such as wxGTK) is also optional (i.e., if you don't ask
19 scorched3d to build with GTK2 support, it will presumably happily build
20 against a wxGTK built without GTK2 support).
21
22 Worth a try? Maybe.
23
24 :-)