From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocks with xz-utils lzma-utils
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:45:49
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:12:19 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >> You are both right. I tried installing a later version on the blockers
6 >> but not the packages that depended on them. So, I added the following
7 >> to my package.keyword and package.unmask files:
8 >>
9 >> =app-portage/eix-0.18.3
10 >> =app-arch/libarchive-2.7.1
11 >>
12 >> Portage is now happy. Every time I think I have figured out portage
13 >> and these blocker messages, I get thrown a curve ball. lol
16 > Ah, the fun of running a mixed arch/~arch system :)
17 >
18 > BTW ~ is usually better than = in this situation.
22 Well, this ain't working as well as I would like. I'm getting a lot of
23 failures. Something like this:
24
25 * subversion check out start -->
26 * repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk
27 svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly
28 * ERROR: kde-base/kate-9999 failed:
29 * subversion: can't fetch to
30 /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/kdesdk/kdesdk from
31 svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk.
34 I may just go back to a more stable setup. My network is working fine
35 for everything else. It's not just this one package, it is several of them.
36
37 Oh well. I just wish they had supported KDE 3 longer cause KDE 4 is
38 just not ready for what I do. I get a screen full of crap about KDE 3
39 being masked when updating too. Sort of bugs me.
40
41 Dale
42