From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reverse Tethering - How to?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:50:51
1 On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:46:12 AM Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 09/17/2014 11:43:28 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:24:36 AM Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > how do I need to configure my Gentoo box to allow for reverse
7 > >
8 > > tethering
9 > >
10 > > > from my (rooted) Android phone?
11 > > >
12 > > > Many thanks for a hint,
13 > > > Helmut
14 > >
15 > > What do you mean with "reverse tethering"?
16 > > That your mobile uses the network connection of your Gentoo box, or
17 > > your
18 > > Gentoo box the network connection of your mobile?
19 >
20 > My mobile should be able to use the (wired) network connection of my
21 > Gentoo box.
22
23 Ok, I assumed that was the case, but wanted to be sure.
24
25 > > Generally, the device sharing the connection needs to play WIFI
26 > > Access Point.
27 >
28 > How to do that on Gentoo?
29
30 If your Gentoo box has a wired connection and a wireless one.
31 The wired is currently used and the wireless is not.
32 Then you need to get your wireless card to function as an access point.
33 (Google for "Gentoo Linux Howto WIFI Access Point" or similar) and you should
34 find some information on how to do this.
37 Joost