From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What is XCB? (and do I care?)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:19:17
1 An update on my testing box shows this:
2
3 [ebuild U ] x11-libs/libX11-1.1 [1.0.3-r1] USE="-xcb%"
4
5 euse -i xcb says:
6
7 [- ] xcb (x11-libs/libX11):
8 Support the X C-language Binding, a replacement for Xlib
9
10 I looked on google, which pointed me to the freedesktop.org
11 description and the wikipedia description, and to be honest, I don't
12 quite understand what it is or what it does. So my question is: should
13 I care about this flag (now or the eventual future), and if so, would
14 it hurt to enable it now?
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 W
19 --
20 The chair of the physics department goes to the provost for the annual budget
21 review.
22
23 "I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is we have a lot of
24 exciting things going on in the department - some potential Noble-prize winning
25 stuff. The bad news is we need a new particle accelerator which will cost $10M."
26
27 The Provost is shocked. "That is alot of money. It is incredible to me how
28 different departments need different things. Why can't you be more like the
29 math department? They only want Paper, Pencils and wastebaskets. And the
30 philosophy department doesn't even want the wastebaskets..."
31 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 93 days, 18:46
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list