From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x11 display as v4l device
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:30:55
1 Hi again,
2
3 On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:38:47 -0300
4 "Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman" <buanzo@××××××××××.ar> wrote:
5
6 > Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
7 > > Probably not. Since V4L is a kernel interface, you would need a dummy
8 > > driver in the kernel. Probably the easiest way to archieve what you
9 > > want is to write a module that provides a v4l interface to a dummy
10 > > framebuffer. Not that I'm volunteering...
11 >
12 > It seems I'll have to write it, or pay someone to do it. If anyone's willing, let me know.
13
14 I thought about this thing. I can't image what you're actually trying
15 to archieve. Is this for recording? Streaming/broadcasting? Why does
16 v4l compatibility matter? Maybe mpeg-out would be sufficient, or even a
17 raw video stream (i.e. by other means than v4l).
18
19 -hwh
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list