From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] -print0 but with 'locate'
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 11:44:21
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [16-09-03 13:20]:
2 > On Sat, 3 Sep 2016 11:52:46 +0200, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > I want to 'locate' a bunch of files and feed the output into
5 > > '| xargs md5sum'.
6 > > Unfortunately some of them are infected with the "file name"-virus
7 > > (space in the filename).
8 > > With find there is the -print0 option which corresponds to '-0' of
9 > > the xargs options. As of my knowledge, locate does not have such
10 > > a thing.
11 >
12 > it does
13 >
14 > locate -0 blah | xargs md5sum -0
17 > --
18 > Neil Bothwick
19 >
20 > I heard someone tried the monkeys-on-typewriters bit trying for the plays
21 > of W. Shakespeare but all they got was the collected works of Francis
22 > Bacon
25 ...ok thanks. THATS is what I was looking for...