From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge error
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:08:26
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > > dd over ssh everything onto a 8G Compact Flash card that is plugged
5 > > into another system and then install the CF card into an ide-to-cf
6 > > socket reboot and then emerge-sync? think this will work?
7
8 > No, because it will copy the corruption too. You'll end up with a byte
9 > for byte copy of your broken filesystem. If fsck won't fix it, backup,
10 > reformat, restore is the only safe fix.
13 If I reboot, I *may* loose the firewall completely, depending on what the
14 drive does. The only safe thing is to build another firewall before
15 rebooting the current firewall (then see if fsck will fix it).......
16
17 Either way, once I build a new firewall, I'm going to copy it
18 to CF and be done with these old ide drives.........
19
20 thx
23 James
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list