From: Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage usage problems
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:21:16
1 On 10/17/07, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have two tiny problems in using portage.
4 >
5 > - How can I get a list of all packages for which there is a newer
6 > version.
7 > emerge --update world doesn't work since it doesn't respect my
8 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" setting, i.e. it doesn't show new
9 > packages if they are "masked" by the "~x86" keyword.
12 Actually it does.
13 Updated packages can be a deep dependency, so try emerge --update --deep -a
14 world
15
16 - Whenever I install a new kernel I have to reinstall all those packages
17 > which generate a kernel module, e.g. nvidia-drivers, openafs-kernel
18 > or virtualbox-modules.
19 > When emerge has installed the kernel module in
20 > /lib/modules/<new-kernel>/...
21 > it removes the corresponding module in
22 > /lib/modules/<old-kernel>
23 > Since I want a fall back possibility I'd like to tell emerge
24 > not to remove the modules for the <old-kernel>.
25 > How can this be done?
28 They are not removed automatically, but can't be used in with kernel.
29 $ ls /lib/modules/
32 Vladimir Rusinov
33 GreenMice Solutions: IT-решения на базе Linux
34 http://greenmice.info/