From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound jack isolations
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:20:19
1 On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 12:58 -0600, Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:
2 > I tried googling around but no helpful content so far. I have a laptop
3 > with built-in sound. It uses the HDA_intel kernel module. My problem is
4 > that I can't silence the onboard/built-in speakers when I plug in the
5 > headphones to the machine. Muting sound would lead to all jacks and
6 > audio ports to be silenced -- not just the built-in speakers, which I
7 > intend to mute solely leaving sound alive on the headphone jacks. There
8 > are no channels readily observable to differentiate where sound goes and
9 > to which port with alsa-mixer. The behavior I would like to achieve is
10 > one that will allow me to mute onboard speakers while continuing to have
11 > the headphones receive audio signals. Has anyone ever done this? Any
12 > pointers to documentation will be appreciated.
13
14 Does it work with Windows? I'd expect such things to be implemented in
15 hardware.