From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z MB
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 11:45:17
1 On Sunday 01 Feb 2015 11:16:20 Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > I just got me a new MB, a ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z, after my old MB
3 > fried due to a fan failure.
4 >
5 > Is anyone else (on this list) using this MB, with Gentoo of cause?
6 > If you are, have you got all the sensors working?
7 > I can not get information from all the sensors on this MB (compared with
8 > what the BIOS shows) and some of the values that do show are wrong ,
9 > some temp-sensor shows as negative (and my room is not THAT cold).
10 >
11 > Regards,
12
13 I only recently bought a lowly A88XM-Plus and it also does not show up the
14 sensors. I spent some time fighting with different settings in the kernel to
15 get them recognised, but I had no success. The values that it does read seem
16 to be incorrect too (like negative temperatures).
17
18 $ sensors
19 radeon-pci-0008
20 Adapter: PCI adapter
21 temp1: -3.0°C (crit = +120.0°C, hyst = +90.0°C)
22
23 fam15h_power-pci-00c4
24 Adapter: PCI adapter
25 power1: N/A (crit = 95.09 W)
26
27 k10temp-pci-00c3
28 Adapter: PCI adapter
29 temp1: +0.0°C (high = +70.0°C)
30 (crit = +70.0°C, hyst = +69.0°C)
33 I am waiting for later kernels to see if this improves.
36 Regards,
37 Mick