From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE5 & Disabling search and recent documents & thoughts
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 16:00:53
1 On 04/10/2016 04:55 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > OK
3 >
4 > We're in 2016 now. And KDE *still* doesn't make it easy to disable their
5 > damn indexer. I've never wanted to search through my menu, I've never
6 > wanted it to remember every damn file I've opened. It's a personal
7 > preference.
10 Just an update - you can actually disable the recent documents menu in
11 system settings, but it's well hidden, almost like they don't want you
12 to find it. IMO, privacy settings should be a main icon (maybe under
13 personalization?) in system settings
14
15 system settings-> desktop behaviour -> activities -> privacy tab.
16
17 Dan