From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vbox won't show up on left monitor at full screen
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 05:22:04
1 On Monday 06 Jun 2011 23:44:12 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 00:08 on Tuesday 07 June 2011, Mick did
3 > opine
4 >
5 > thusly:
6 > > I'm not sure I understand why this happens:
7 > >
8 > > Left monitor is 1280x1024 native resolution, right monitor is larger.
9 > >
10 > > The virtualbox control panel opens on the left monitor and stays there.
11 > > If I launch a guest (Windows7) it pops up in the left monitor too.
12 > > That's how it should be, but the vbox window now has scroll bars because
13 > > the monitor is the same size like the guest desktop (1280x1024).
14 > >
15 > > The first time I selected Full Screen it maximised and covered the whole
16 > > of the left monitor. That's also how I thought it should be.
17 > >
18 > > However, the moment I pressed right Ctrl+F to come out of Full Screen
19 > > mode and then back into it, instead of re-expanding to cover the whole
20 > > of the left monitor, it decided to pop up into the right monitor!
21 > >
22 > > I have not been able to convince it to stay in the left monitor when
23 > > maximised ever since. No idea why it only behaved correctly once and now
24 > > will not obey my clearly articulated intent, despite how much I have been
25 > > swearing at it!
26 > >
27 > > Is there a fix?
28 >
29 > virtualbox-4.0.8 and e17?
30
31 Sorry, I should have said:
32
33 app-emulation/virtualbox-bin-3.2.12-r1 in KDE4.6. Stable x86.
36 > When in full screen, what do you have set in
37 > popup_menu -> View -> Virtual Screens
38
39 I tried both 1 & 2 but it keeps popping up on the second screen.
42 Regards,
43 Mick