From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] merging gnome gets circular dependencies
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:22:00
1 on Wednesday 02/14/2007 Bo Ørsted Andresen(bo.andresen@××××.dk) wrote
2 > On Wednesday 14 February 2007 18:44:44 John covici wrote:
3 > > I tried to merge gnome by saying "emerge gnome" today and got an
4 > > error about circular dependencies from portage. I did a --sync, but
5 > > no joy. anyone know what is happening?
6 >
7 > In the future do include the actual output of emerge gnome. It is, however,
8 > very likely to be related to bug #166564.
9 >
10 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/166564
11 >
12 I did not include the output because it was over 400 lines, maybe I
13 will put his patch in and try again if I can figure out which package
14 depended on which.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici