From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcamera ... view: YES record: NO ?
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 15:18:47
1 Hi,
2
3 the Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam is able to deliver 1920xq080x30fps
4 (H.264).
5
6 Now I am trying to display (watch) and record the video stream.
7 Currently I am using guvcview.
8
9 Most of the time watching is not an problem: no video delays, no
10 frame drops, no ultra low fps...wonderful!
11
12 But beware of pressing the "record" botton...
13
14 KABOOM! guvcview ends with an error message, which does not say
15 anythong to me...:
16
17 (guvcview:19104): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
18 initiating video file context
19 STREAM: add stream 0 to stream list
20
21 I tried "cheese" which interestingly dies similiarily...
22
23 Since there a zillions of things to tweak with the video and audio
24 setting I still hope that someone got this nice camera running and
25 recording with full hd and audio ....
26
27 ?
28
29 Any ide to fix that?