From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:00:39
1 On 26/04/2013 10:50, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 >> "It does no harm and might be useful for some" is simply not a valid
3 >> > reason to enforce a package on all users, especially when said package
4 >> > is the latest johnny-come-lately from a wunderkind with a proven
5 >> > reputation for writing invasive code[1]
6 > Oh dear. I should've realized what this was really about. There aren't
7 > really any technical reasons behind this, are there? Just some good
8 > old fashioned Lennart hate boners.
9 >
10 > I have a perfect halloween campfire story for this group. The one
11 > where a malicious udev update gives a backdoor for He Who Must Not Be
12 > Named to install his LennartWare onto yor systems...
15 You missed the mark completely and your bias appears to be showing.
16
17 You have no idea what I might consider this to be "really about". And
18 it's highly presumptuous of you to make the assumption you did.
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com