From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's new with all those new packages?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:51:13
1 On Tuesday 12 July 2005 19:35, Martin S wrote:
2 > On 11/07/05, Myk Taylor <myk@××××.edu> wrote:
4 > > Hash: SHA1
5 > >
6 > > I think if you're using Gentoo, there is an assumption that "if it's new
7 > > (and acceptably stable), I want it".
8 >
9 > That's hardly in line with Gentoos "choice policy".
10 > Gentoo isn't about imposing someone elses preferences on everyone.
11
12 You're not forced to upgrade. You're not even forced to sync with the rsync
13 servers. If you're happy with your machine the way it is, don't upgrade.
14 Simple.
15
16 Regards,
17 Jason Stubbs