From: hitachi303 <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X won't start after xorg-server update
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:32:31
1 Am 12.03.20 um 00:06 schrieb Dale:
2 > hitachi303 wrote:
3 >> Hi there,
4 >>
5 >> so ever since using the amd64 17.1 profiles (which is not that long
6 >> for this PC) I have one problem. After updating xorg-server X won't
7 >> start.
8 >>
9 >> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20opengl.conf reads:
10 >> Section "Files"
11 >>         ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
12 >> EndSection
13 >>
14 >> but the module is located at:
15 >> /usr/lib64/xorg/modules
16 >>
17 >> I rarely restart the PC but it annoying anyway. I would be thankful
18 >> for any help.
19 >>
20 >> Is the module in the right place and the config file is wrong or is it
21 >> the other way around?
22 >>
23 >> Regards
24 >>
25 >> Konstantin
30 > This may not be the problem but I ran into this a bit ago.  If you have
31 > switched to elogind, make sure you start the service otherwise, X won't
32 > start.  When I checked the logs, the problem wasn't obvious either.  I
33 > just lucked up and noticed it wasn't running when it should be.  Again,
34 > this may not help but just in case, thought I'd mention it.
35 >
36 > Dale
37 >
39
40 rc-update show doesn't say anything about elogin but /etc/init.d/elogind
41 start says start-stop-daemon: /lib64/elogind/elogind is already running