From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Making a new frame-buffer console font
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 16:32:37
1 Am Sonntag, 08.02.2015 um 15:30
2 schrieb Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On 08/02/2015 13:00, Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 09:33:59 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
6 > >
7 > >>> I don't know what you mean with oblique stroke. Do you mean the
8 > >>> slash through the letter zero? Anyway, I don't know how to remove
9 > >>> it.
10 > >
11 > >> I've always been puzzled by that form of zero, and recently since
12 > >> it started causing me difficulty I've come to loathe it. :-(
13 > >
14 > > It dates back to the days when fonts were much coarser and it was
15 > > the only reliable way to distinguish between a zero and a capital
16 > > o. Less useful nowadays and many fonts no longer use it.
21 > I actively seek out and use fonts with a stroked zero (or at least
22 > with a dot in the middle of the zero. I can never remember if the
23 > digit is the fat one or the thin one
24
25 It's the same with me. :-)