From: Adam Holisky <linux@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange samba behavior, go figure.
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:46:55
1 I'm running a fresh install of gentoo, kde 3.4, etc.. samba is installed, kde
2 runs nicely, lisa is running, and i can list the smb directories on my
3 network easily. I've got a full gigabit network setup, and every day I play
4 media files over my network using the smb protocol from my server over to my
5 ummm "modfied game console", which only has a 100mb card in it, of course.
6 The media file play just fine, no problems. Transfer speeds on the rest of
7 my network, to and form the sever, and to and from other computers, and great
8 and consistant with a gigabit network.
9
10 Problem is, when copying files in KDE from anywhere in my network to my gentoo
11 box, speeds are at about 95 k/sec! Awful speeds.. i'm perplexed by this
12 issue. Kernel is obviously configured properly, and as far as I can tell my
13 network card is operating at 1000x.
14
15 Any suggestions?
16