From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Squid - http_access deny all not working
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:34:52
1 Hey all
2
3 I have a curious problem with squid. At my old high school they have to
4 machines.
5 Machine A - Mail, file, et al server. It has squid running but deny's all
6 access except to those fortunate people (IP's). Running red hat (dont ask
7 not my baby). 192.168.1.3:3128 <http://192.168.1.3:3128>
8
9 Machine B - Proxy server. It has squid (192.168.1.4:port 3128) and
10 dansguardian running (192.168.1.4:8080 <http://192.168.1.4:8080>). Does the
11 authentication through Machine A. Running Gentoo o///
12
13 Up until the other day you could not gain access to squid from port 3128
14 except for local host. All the comps are setup to use 8080. Now I did some
15 testing with squid. If I formally declare:
16 ACL pc src 192.168.1.132 <http://192.168.1.132>
17 http_access deny pc
18
19 That pc is denied access through 3128 yet the others are still allowed
20 through even though:
21 ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255 <http://127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255>
22 http_access deny !localhost
23
24 ACL all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0>
25 http_access deny all
26
27 Now this was working up until the other day :( The same problem is being
28 experienced on Machine A where people (IP's) that would and should fall
29 under the deny all rule are not being blocked.
30
31 Can anyone speculate as to what may be causing this? I dont know if the
32 [roblems are related but I suspect so.
33
34 Thanks Rav
37 "When you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic Voices...
38 that's nothing - when you play it forward it installs Windows"