From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: multiple installs
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 17:21:15
1 On 02/08/2013 11:46 AM, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have quit a few amd64 systems to install, hopefully
5 > mostly unattended. I'm looking for a way to install quick and simple
6 > workstations running kde. All will have (boot, root and swap partitions only).
7 > They can be updated to current, individually. later.
8 >
9 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Install_LiveDVD_11.2_to_hard_disk_drive
10 >
11 > So the best guide I have found is this one for the
12 > livedvd 11.2. Any modifications for the
13 > livedvd-amd64-multilib-20121221.iso version?
14 >
15 > Grub-2, udev, and some other changes may make following
16 > this 11.2 guide, problematic?
17 >
18 > I wanted to do these installs with ZFS
19
20 The only obvious problem I can see is that grub2 will need zfs support
21 if your /boot is going to be zfs. I don't recall all of the details,
22 but at one point during the grub2 install you can tell it to pre-load
23 the zfs module (and any other modules you may want) during the install.