From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] looking for a couple of systemd units
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 06:10:42
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >> Hi. I am looking for a couple of systemd units which I have not been
6 > >> able to find -- one for mailman and one for innd which is a shell script
7 > >> by itself.
8 > >>
9 > >> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
10 > >
11 > > I use this one in production for mailman with Gentoo:
12 > >
13 > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
14 > > [Unit]
15 > > Description=Mailman mailing list service
16 > > After=network.target
17 > >
18 > > [Service]
19 > > Type=forking
20 > > ExecStart=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s start
21 > > ExecStop=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl stop
22 > > User=mailman
23 > > Group=mailman
24 > >
25 > > [Install]
26 > > WantedBy=multi-user.target
27 > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
28 > >
29 > > I don't have any for innd.
30 >
31 > If innd is the one from net-nntp/inn, then the following should work:
32 >
33 > ----------------------------------------------------------------
34 > [Unit]
35 > Description=The Internet News daemon
36 > Documentation=man:innd(8)
37 > ConditionPathExists=/var/run/news
38 >
39 > [Service]
40 > Type=simple
41 > ExecStart=/usr/lib/news/bin/rc.news
42 > ExecStop=/usr/lib/news/bin/rc.news stop
43 > User=news
44 > Group=news
45 >
46 > [Install]
47 > WantedBy=multi-user.target
48 > ----------------------------------------------------------------
49 >
50 > If the binary rc.news forks itself (and there is no option to force it
51 > to run in the foreground), use Type=forking. The former is preferred
52 > over the latter. Also, to guarantee that the directory /var/run/news
53 > always is present, add the following to a new file
54 > /etc/tmpfiles.d/innd.conf:
55 >
56 > ----------------------------------------------------------------
57 > d /var/run/news 0755 news news 10d -
58 > ----------------------------------------------------------------
59 >
60 > You can replace 10d with - (hypen), so the directory is never cleaned
61 > automatically. If you try this unit and it works as expected, please
62 > let us know.
65 OK, thanks again. I have one question which this brings up -- and this
66 applies to openrc as well -- I never have let it migrate /var/run to
67 /run and /var/lock likewise because I have directories in those which
68 are owned by various users, etc. and the packages themselves almost
69 never create such -- is putting things in /etc/tmpfiles.d the correct
70 way to fix this?
74 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
75 How do
76 you spend it?
77
78 John Covici