From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xserver does not work after upgrade
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:48:34
1 fajfusio@××.pl writes:
2
3 > I've upgraded my system and xserver does not work after upgrade.
4 > I've installed new baselayout according to the official gentoo's
5 > procedure and it seems ok.
6 > I've done dispatch-conf, etc-update, revdep-rebuild successfully.
7 > All packages have been build successfully.
8 >
9 > I have:
10 > xorg-drivers 1.7
11 > xorg-server 1.7.7-r1
12
13 No you haven't, your log tells it's 1.9.5 now. You need to recompile all X
14 drivers when xorg-server gets a new version number, this can be done with
15 emerge -1a $( qlist -IC x11-drivers/), or with emerge @x11-modules-rebuild
16 with recent portage versions. Maybe this helps, although I think you should
17 have gotten explicit errors then, so it's probably already been done.
18 Has x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel been updated/ recompiled after xorg-server
19 was updated? Is "intel" in your VIDEO_CARDS variable?
20
21 > I found that "hal" has been unmerged during an upgrade. I installed it
22 > again and launching it at startup.
23
24 This will not change a thing, hal is not used by xorg-server any more. If it
25 were and you wanted to make use of it, you should have set the hal USE flag
26 for xorg-server, so xorg-server would be compiled with hal support.
27
28 Wonko