From: bijayant kumar <bijayant4u@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openLDAP clients
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:47:03
1 Marc,
2 Hi........ Once again you have solved my problem. Thank you very very much.
5 Marc Blumentritt <M.Blumentritt@×××××××××××××××.de> wrote: bijayant kumar schrieb:
6 > Hi,
7 > I have installed openLDAP server and configure the clients on the same system. Now, i have to install the server on one machine and clients on the other system. I want to ask that what to do for this. On the client machine, which files i have to configure. And is it neccessary to configure the /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/pam.d/system-auth files on the server ?? or that files will be configured only on the clients machine........Please help me.. I will be very thankful to you all..
8
9 I have no experience with this, but I think you have to configure:
10
11 - /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/pam.d/system-auth as you did on your server
12 - /etc/openldap/ldap.conf and /etc/ldap.conf as you did on your server,
13 but replace local IP with IP of the ldap server.
14
15 Regards,
16 Marc
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list