From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu & gcc version restriction
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:32:34
1 2007/10/17, pat <pat@××××××××.org>:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I want to use qemu. One of its parts (qemu-softmmu) requires gcc major version
5 > 3. My whole system is set up to use gcc major version 4 (because it supports
6 > pentium-m architecture).
7 >
8 > And question is: Is there a way how to setup different gcc for some packages
9 > (including the compiler flags)?
10
11 You can take a look here [1] for instaling qemu on gentoo!
12
13 [1] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO:_Qemu
14
15 Ty to emerging latest stable gcc-3 and emerge qemu-softmmu with
16 version 3 and all others with gcc-4.
17
18 I personally tried to install qemu too, but now i use virtualbox for emulation!
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list