From: Shoka <shoka@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem configuring Intel Wireless 5300 device
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 19:08:55
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I got stuck when trying to get the Intel Wireless 5300 device running.
4 I'm using the 2.6.31.gentoo-r6 kernel source and have tried several
5 configuration options for getting this driver to work.
6
7 The gentoo os is running on a lenovo x200 notebook.
8
9 It seems that the iwlagn module doesn't get compiled at all. When trying
10 to run "modprobe iwlagn" I get the message "Module iwlagn not found".
11 The device is properly recognized when using the Gentoo Live CD. There
12 it uses the iwlagn module. So it should be possible to configure the
13 kernel to do the same.
14
15 I have found this forum post about configuring the 5300 device, but this
16 guy used the 2.6.30-gentoo-r6 kernel source and it looks like the kernel
17 config options in menuconfig have changed. I cannot find a kernel config
18 option called "Intel Wireless WiFi Next Gen AGN (iwlagn)".
19
20 Link to forum post:
21 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-792424-highlight-5300.html
22
23 I'm a gentoo newbie and therefore would be very glad, if anyone could
24 give me an advice in the right direction.
25
26 Thank you very much!
27
28 Best regards