From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 02:13:38
1 I just received the new Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook and I'm trying to
2 install Gentoo but I can't get install-amd64-minimal-20120223.iso to
3 boot via a USB key. I installed it to two different USB keys via
4 unetbootin but I get this right after it asks for the keymap:
5
6 Looking for the cdrom
7 Attempting to mount media:- /dev/sda1
8 Attempting to mount media:- /dev/sda2
9 Attempting to mount media:- /dev/sda3
10 Attempting to mount media - /dev/sda4
11 Media not found
12 No bootable medium found. Waiting for new devices...
13 Could not find CD to boot, something else needed!
14 Determining root device...
15 Could not find the root block device in .
16
17 It must be reading the USB key fine or it never would have gotten that
18 far. Maybe it has no drivers for the disk controller, but then why
19 does it reference the cdrom? I tried the nosata and ide=nodma options
20 to no avail.
21
22 - Grant