From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lazy gcc switching
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:06:49
1 On 07/22/2010 01:09 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Looks like a quad cpu, each one dual core. I've got one of those in the Data
3 > Centre next door and each core is running that new fancy hyper-threading that
4 > actually works:
5
6 It's quad CPU TWELVE core. Just putting four CPUs into the thing will
7 cost a small mortgage. Consider that the current 6-core 8000-series CPUs
8 cost about 3k $US, the Magny-Cours will bring a well-spring of cash
9 flowing out your pocketbook. But, yeah, that would be amazing to see how
10 many proteins you could fold in an hour....that would really add to my
11 numbers, (just past 1.5M last month). :-)