From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mp3splt-gtk, hearts and hwinfo fails to emerge
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:18:41
1 On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Arttu V. wrote:
3 >> On 9/7/09, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> OK. It finished recompiling boost and Scribus. Both hearts and
6 >>> mp3splt-gtk still fail with the same error as before.
7 >>>
8 >>> Any ideas?
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> Ok, let's first take back the "hearts compiles on amd64". It compiled.
12 >> Once. On the absolutely-minimal, stable-only amd64 chroot I use when
13 >> testing weird things (and then immediately roll back with emerge
14 >> --depclean).
15 >>
16 >> On x86 and "more usable" amd64 desktop setup I get a similar error as
17 >> you did. And I wouldn't be surprised if it is bug #273560 -- which
18 >> will need a patch.
19 >>
20 >> mp3splt-gtk, however, compiles fine on two desktop amd64 setups. I
21 >> cannot test it on x86 right now, hopefully tomorrow I'll again
22 >> remember to reboot to 32-bits and try some more. Maybe even get
23 >> something done for the hearts, if the hints in the bug report are
24 >> sufficient for fixing it.
28 > Yea, hearts is already installed but if I needed to reinstall for some
29 > reason, I would be in a mess. I just hope they will fix it since it is
30 > KDE 3.
31 >
32 > I could send mp3splt-gtk to the dustbin for a while, I guess. Just hope
33 > no one else needs it. ;-)
34
35 I'm using without problems: media-sound/mp3splt-gtk-0.5.6 with
36 USE="nls -audacious -gstreamer"
37
38 Can't help you with hearts because I'm not going to emerge kdelibs-3
39 to try that :) it looks like something Qt-related, though.