From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage: garbage after EOF
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:31:05
1 On Thursday 31 May 2007 18:16:13 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > > Ah, the possibility I hadn't thought of is the emul-linux-x86-* packages
3 > > some of which use portage binpkgs in their SRC_URI. In this case it's
4 > > emul-linux-x86-xlibs/emul-linux-x86-xlibs.
5 >
6 > But why does it only affect *.tbz2. I've extracted all tar.bz2, tgz, tbz2
7 > and tar.bz2.
8 > Shouldn't at least some tar.bz2 show the same error?
9
10 It doesn't even affect all tbz2 files (even if it does happen to affect all
11 tbz2 files you have in your distdir right now). It does affect all portage
12 binpkgs though because portage binpkgs include metadata at their tail (as
13 Neil explained). And all portage binpkgs use the tbz2 file ending.
16 Bo Andresen