From: Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is the best solution still NIS+NFS?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:52:21
1 OK. And about NFS? Is still the best one for file share proposes? What
2 about CIFS?
3
4 []s
5 Leandro
6
7 2006/8/11, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>:
8 > Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
9 > > Hi list,
10 > >
11 > > few years later I setup a environment which shares the /home using
12 > > NFS for the users and the authentication method was NIS. Is this still
13 > > the best solution?
14 > > My current environment is based on LDAP where all services use it. I
15 > > configured PAM+NSSwitch, Postfix, and so on. Now, I want linux client
16 > > workstations be authenticated remotely on my LDAP server and mount the
17 > > users home. What do you recommend?
18 >
19 > You can use LDAP + pam_ldap for auth, I think there's a guide on gentoo.org.
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 > Donnie
23 > --