From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web hosting
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:15:22
1 On 23 January 2007 09:30, Nikolay Balov wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 > I'm trying to make a web server who will serve may be 3-4 domains. I
4 > need to make a ftp account for every domain, which root is the root of
5 > the apache domain (/var/www/domain1/htdocs must be root for apache and
6 > for the ftp server) so the users can upload files to there web site. Can
7 > you help me how to do that? 10x a lot BTW I'm using Apache2 and proftpd
8 > but it's no mandatory to use proftpd, any resolution of my problem will
9 > be good :)
10
11 First of all, forget about FTP, use SSH/SFTP instead.
12
13 Set up a virtual named host for each web site. Set up a user for each web site
14 with their respective DocumentRoots as their home directories.
15
16 Voila!
17
18 Uwe
21 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
22 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
23 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
24 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list