From: Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Accidentally issued hdparm -X /dev/hda on running system
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 09:24:00
1 >I have since fsck'ed all relevant partitions in /dev/hda and they came
2 >up clean. Am I safe?
3
4 Hmm, I'd say yes. I mean, in what way should using hdparm really mess
5 up your partitions or Filesystems in such a way, that they'd be beyond
6 recovery?!
7
8 I'm not implying that you could be facing a recovery-situation, but
9 you'll only find out by trying.
10
11 If the shit hits the fan, Testdisk (its included on the gparted live cd)
12 is a really fine program, and has saved me multiple times now, after I
13 did unspeakable things to my partition tables, which alas is far worse
14 than using hdparm ;-P
15
16 Holding my thumbs!
17