From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: rsnapshot - crontab?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:40:59
1 On 2013-03-15, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Would anyone who is using rsnapshot be willing to share their crontab
4 > entries?
5
6 # crontab -l
7 # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
8 # (/tmp/crontab.XXXXfEjZZL installed on Thu May 26 14:47:04 2011)
9 # (Cron version V5.0 -- $Id: crontab.c,v 1.12 2004/01/23 18:56:42
10 vixie Exp $)
11 3 0 1 * * /usr/bin/rsnapshot monthly
12 3 1 * * 6 /usr/bin/rsnapshot weekly
13 3 3 * * * /usr/bin/rsnapshot daily
14
15 > I'm especially interested in how best to test for the
16 > existence/availability of a remotely mounted filesystem, and run the
17 > backup if it exists and abort if it doesn't.
18
19 rsnapshot has an option specifically for that (which I use to handle
20 the case where my Firewire backup drive is disconnected or powered
21 down_).
22
23 From /etc/rsnapshot.conf:
24
25 # If no_create_root is enabled, rsnapshot will not automatically create the
26 # snapshot_root directory. This is particularly useful if you are backing
27 # up to removable media, such as a FireWire or USB drive.
28 #
29 no_create_root 1
32 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Are we THERE yet?
33 at My MIND is a SUBMARINE!!
34 gmail.com