From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] /etc/mtab
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:27:03
1 I was just going over the Baselayout and OpenRC Migration Guide:
2
3 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
4
5 and I'm not sure how to make sure my /etc/mtab is set up according to
6 the instructions:
7
8 "Previously, the initial rootfs entry was removed from /etc/mtab, and
9 only the real root / entry was present. The duplicate rootfs item was
10 actually added back during shutdown. In OpenRC, both entries must be
11 present for full support of initramfs and tmpfs-on-root. This also
12 means that less writing is required during shutdown."
13
14 My systems have different /etc/mtab files but here is one:
15
16 rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
17 /dev/root / ext3 rw,noatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
18 proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
19 rc-svcdir /lib/rc/init.d tmpfs
20 rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=1024k,mode=755 0 0
21 sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
22 udev /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755 0 0
23 devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
24 shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
25 usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,noexec,nosuid,devmode=0664,devgid=85 0 0
26
27 Should I change anything?
28
29 - Grant