From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions for NAS appliance?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 07:27:07
1 On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 at 03:48, Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hey, my old NAS box croaked the other day. I had to spend $400 ond
4 > hardware and software to recover my data but the issue now is finding a
5 > good new NAS solution.
6 >
7 > Use is basically media server + backup provider.
8 >
9 > I was happy with my old Netgear ReadyNAS idiot-proof box until it died.
10 > Any experience with products on the market?
11
12 I have good experience with both QNAP and Synology boxes, running both
13 right now. I run regular HDD's in them, and have had them fail on both
14 systems, but have never had to restore data from online backup, as
15 their redundancy works very well (some sort of RAID solution).
16
17 Regards,
18 Arve