From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server performance
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:37:52
1 If the elevated iowait from iostat is on the host you might be able to
2 find something hogging you io bandwidth with iotop. Also look for D
3 state procs with ps auxr. Are you on a software raid?
4
5 If you are on linux soft raid you might check your disks for errors
6 with smartmontools. Other than that the only thing I can think of is
7 something like a performance regression in the ide/scsi/sata
8 controller (on host or virtual) or mdadm on host. If the host system
9 is bogged before starting vmware instances I would suspect the former
10 (host controller or mdadm).
11