From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FTP Server
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:29:50
1 Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 06 June 2006 17:38, JimD wrote:
3 >
4 >> >From my perspective, I don't want an ftp server that will allow someone
5 >>
6 >> to get in to my gentoo box by brute forcing a username and password. I
7 >> guess I can install something like denyhosts if the ftp server uses tcp
8 >> wrappers.
11 > Maybe winscp is a better idea? It behaves like most windows ftpclients but
12 > uses scp to connect to your box with all the ssh goodness for security..
13 >
14 > http://winscp.net/eng/index.php
15 >
16 > Gerhard
17
18 Ohhh, it has a gui too! I think we may have a winner ;-)
19
20 Thanks,
21
22 Jim