From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Offline Update
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:57:42
1 A few years ago, I used to run gentoo offline. When I needed to update it,
2 I used to download the portage snapshot, and use the following script,
3 based on Gentoo handbook:
4
5 #!/bin/bash
6 mv /usr/portage/distfiles /usr/
7 rm -rf /usr/portage/
8 tar xvjf $1 -C /usr
9 mv /usr/distfiles /usr/portage/
10 emerge --metadata
11 emerge --regen
12
13 I also have another script to built a list of packages for download. You
14 can take this list to a connected place, download the files and put it into
15 /usr/portage/distfiles/. If useful, I can give it to you (but I don't know
16 if it still works).
19 2012/9/16 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
20