From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unity on Gentoo?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:35:56
1 On 24 September 2011 06:53, Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Unity is kinda famous, want to try it on Gentoo. Can't find a package in
3 > `eix -sS unity', I'm missing something?
4
5 What you're missing is the experience of having used it. (Or having
6 *tried* to use it).
7
8 Once you have, you will see why no one is enthusiastic enough to write
9 an ebuild and support it in gentoo (or an overlay).
10
11 I'm just glad that Ubuntu still ships with vanilla Gnome (or "Ubuntu
12 Classic") by default -- I maintain a few Ubuntu systems for members of
13 my family.
16 J