From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] zoom?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:44:14
1 On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:10 PM Alec Ten Harmsel
2 <alec@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > On Wed, Mar 25, 2020, at 08:04, Michael wrote:
5 > > I have not used Zoom, but the interwebs are screaming about the fly-by malware
6 > > silent installations that come with it. I don't know if this applies to Linux
7 > > too.
8 >
9 > My understanding is that it reports running processes and other info about your machine back to Zoom. Don't know why. As soon as I'm done with a meeting, I stop it so it's not running all the time.
10 >
11 Wow. It doesn't get much more spooky that that. The reason I was
12 checking zoom is that it is what people @work are using. But they're
13 not a security-conscious bunch at all, at all.
14
15 Jorge