From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chromium shortcuts?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 21:26:09
1 On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 10:16 PM wkuz@××.pl <wkuz@××.pl> wrote:
2 >
3 > If non-free software is not of any concern for you, then maybe try
4 > Vivaldi browser? It is based on the same engine and feels quite like
5 > chromium but with many many more options (USE=widevine for netflix ;) )
6 >
7 I have no concerns regarding licensing et al., but I once tried
8 Vivaldi and was not impressed (I don't remember why). I'm into chrom*
9 only because it provides a smooth experience re youtube & gmail. I
10 don't think other browsers can do it, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.
11
12 BTW: chromium also has a "widevine" flag. I don't know how much time
13 does it take to compile chromium nowadays, but I don't have netflix
14 anyway :(