From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] to anyone and everyone
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 10:35:14
1 On Saturday, April 09, 2016 12:54:07 AM Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Corsair power supplies suck nuts.
3 >
4 > Here's proof:
7 > Testing a 12V rail, scope set to 100mv/horizontal line relative to how
8 > you would normally look at a scope.
9 >
10 > The computer was crashing, spent $50 RMA'ing a perfectly good video card
11 > it seems. =\
12 >
13 > Decided the corsair psu was not worth rma-ing, at similar expense so
14 > decided to trash the company instead. =|
15
16 You call that proof with only 1 item causing "issues" when I have multiple
17 systems with Corsair powersupplies that have been rock-solid for years without
18 needing any replacements?
19
20 With the amount of product factories produce these days, having a few bad
21 samples is only to be expected. Dishing a company just because you happened to
22 get one of them is a bit lame.
23 Better complain about the shop you got it from for not testing every single
24 unit they sell.
25 Or about the person who decided to use it without testing before RMA'ing a
26 possibly correct working GPU.
27 Oh wait, that's you. And we can't expect you to be the cause of any issues,
28 can we?
31 Joost