From: Jayson Smith <jaybird@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem merging GCC so Glibc won't merge either!
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 23:38:59
1 Hi,
2 Ok, last night I did the usual 'emerge --ask --nospinner -u world' which I
3 hadn't done in a few weeks, I know bad me! So it's going along nice and
4 dandy until it hits Glibc. It tells me Glibc is NPTL only! and tells me
5 what to do. So I do that, then do an 'emerge --newuse --nospinner world'
6 and it goes on its way happily merging stuff until it hits Glibc again.
7 This time Glibc is complaining that GCC is missing or too old! Funny, since
8 GCC was merged earlier in my first emerge run. Do a 'gcc --version' and
9 find it's 3.3.6. Remerge GCC, everything appears to be okay, it says it
10 merged it, but funny, nothing to unmerge. 'gcc --version' still says 3.3.6
11 even after a reboot. The new version I'm trying to merge is 4.something.
12 Am I missing something here? Obviously since Glibc isn't merging I can't
13 finish the upgrade process.
14 Any help would be greatly appreciated!
15 Thanks.
16 Jayson.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list