From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox-10.0.1 fails to compile on x86
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:02:01
1 On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:44:36AM +0000, Mick wrote
2
3 > I've only got something like 625M RAM and around 4G disk space (for
4 > var/portage). I used 750M from that 4G for adding swap. Eventually FF
5 > compiled fine.
6 >
7 > The irony is that older boxen which would benefit most from building from
8 > source are constrained in resources to achieve this and have to resort to
9 > installing bin packages.
10
11 An external USB drive, with appropriate changes in /etc/make.conf,
12 plus an overnight build run might be the answer.
13
14 Also, I'm trying www-client/midori as a browser. It's based on
15 webkit, like most Android browsers. Still a bit rough around the edges.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>