From: daniel <danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stage3 for notebook/pentium-m
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:25:30
1 On Thursday 30 March 2006 12:04, Jarry wrote:
2 > I want to install gentoo on my pentium-m (centrino 2)
3 > based notebook, but I do not know which stage3 should
4 > I download and use: i586, i686 or x86?
5 > And which -march setting should I define for Pentium-M?
6
7 You should be alright with i686 and you should use "-march=pentium-m":
8
9 http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.4/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html
13 I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV
14 will be fought with sticks and stones.
15 - Albert Einstein
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list