From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is my mobo incompatible with Linux?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:36:04
1 Hi. I have a Supermicro c7P67-o motherboard and I have another system
2 using windows with no problems. However, when I am trying to use the
3 board with gentoo -- various kernels -- including 3.2.6-gentoo -- I am
4 having lots of problems with USB. The board has two usb3 connectors and
5 most of the time when I plug a usb3 enclosure into one of those, I get
6 lots of errors such as
7 Feb 23 10:27:31 ccs kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:04:00.0: Timeout while waiting
8 for address device command
9 Feb 23 10:27:31 ccs kernel: usb 3-1: device not accepting address 2,
10 error -62
11
12 Once in a while if I reboot I can get it to work, but usually not. Now
13 usb2 works for about a day or so and then either slows way down or the
14 drive is just not seen at all. In those cases there are no log messages
15 at all to give any hint.
16
17 So, does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening -- the
18 Supermicro people have noclue whatsoever.
19
20 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici