From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT Best way to compress files with digits
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 22:03:23
1 On Sunday 02 November 2014 21:55:31 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > English is a heavily overloaded language and there's always more
4 > than one way to communicate something
5
6 Even the simplest cases usually have three words for the same thing: one from
7 French, one from Latin and one from Anglo-Saxon. I won't even mention words
8 that have come down from Old German and so on, but at least we don't have
9 many words from Italian or Spanish. (Zucchini? What's that?)
12 Rgds
13 Peter